Monday, March 7, 2011

Ready, set, go!

On a whim, after talking on the phone last night with my daughter-in-law (who's far more computer-savvy than I can ever hope to be, and has been blogging for some time), I decided to start this blog! (Gulp!) I hinted about it to my husband, and he was (as always) very encouraging and supportive; but not one of my five sons has any idea yet. I am, as they are quick to point out, a total "n00b" when it comes to computers. So I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into here. But after becoming a follower of both my daughter-in-law's blog and Ree Drummond's "Pioneer Woman" blog, I thought it might be fun to give it a shot.

Well, I've just spent the last five minutes shutting down my computer and starting it up again, because the first time I was working on the above paragraph, I hit some key that froze everything and I couldn't get the little arrow to go where I wanted it to go. This may be a sign that perhaps I'm not cut out for life in the blogosphere--but I'm stubborn and I'm going to stick with it, at least for a while.

I was thinking that it's too bad that I didn't have the opportunity to do this while I was raising my five boys, because there was at least one good story every day back then. The first four were born between 1983 and 1988--there were times when we had three in diapers at once--and then the fifth came along in 1993. My four oldest are now in their twenties and my baby is going off to college in the fall. But I am about to become a grandmother--of twins!--so that should provide some good material!

After another five minutes spent trying to figure out how to edit out a mistake from what I'd just written (as an English major, typos that look like grammatical errors make me crazy!), now I think I'm good to go.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment