Monday, April 25, 2011

Hang onto That Easter Joy!


Okay, I've posted this picture on my blog already (see "The Easter Bunny Will Be Here Soon," March 19), but I love it so much I thought I'd showcase it again. How can you look at it and not smile?

I guess part of the reason I needed to bring it out one more time is that son #4, who's in the Army Reserves and is currently going through a four-month Army school out in AZ, still hasn't received the enormous Easter box I sent him. The mailman left a few slips on his door saying he'd tried to deliver it, but for some reason he wouldn't just leave it on his stoop. That box was chock-full of all my son's favorite Easter candy items--especially his beloved Peeps! (I have a good story about a college Peep eating contest in which he took part, but I'll save that for another time.) It's hard for me to imagine this particular son without an Easter basket on Easter morning. He's my holiday boy, who takes holiday joy to a whole other level. And he was far from home, with no family around him, no homecooked turkey dinner...and no Easter candy!

That's him in front, in his jammie shirt and diaper--hand's down my favorite outfit for a chubby toddler--going bananas over the noisy T-Rex spark-making gun the Easter bunny left in his basket. (What was the Easter Bunny thinking, anyway? My husband really wanted to know.)

All my boys love this photo. Son #3 (the one in red, who's holding up his gun while making what he believes are intimidating roaring noises) posted it on his Facebook page with the caption, "My brother is happy in his diaper." And son #4--who, mind you, is a grown man of 23 now--typed back this reply: "Those T-Rex spark guns would give me that same reaction today."

I love my kids. They make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment