Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I want to wish a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms out there, but especially to my own mom. She had 5 kids in 6 years, all by the age of 27. And she retained her sanity. (All teasing aside, she really did!) You're a role model, Mom, and we love you. Thanks so much for everything.

I also want to give a special nod to my daughter-in-law; she is carrying twin babies who will make their appearance pretty soon. Every time she sends sonogram pictures of them, I am filled with awe and wonder that this miracle is taking place within her.

I love that saying, "God couldn't be everywhere, so He created mothers." I also love Cardinal Joseph Mindszenty's tribute to mothers that I posted earlier. (If you want to read it, go to "The Most Important Person," March 7; it's quite beautiful.) There is nothing I will ever do in life that will mean more to me than having had the opportunity to be a mother.

So, all you moms out there: enjoy the handmade construction paper cards with "I Love You" scrawled in crayon, the flowers, the breakfast in bed, the nice brunch out with your family--or whatever treat your loved ones have planned to honor you today. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment