Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Plug for P90X

By now, you've probably seen the T.V. infomercial about Tony Horton's popular workout regimen called "P90X"--or you know a friend or 2 (or a dozen) who've tried it. If you've never heard of it and are looking for a way to get into amazingly good shape, you should give P90X a shot. It's a hard-core fitness program that uses something called "muscle confusion" to work all the different muscles of your body and get them into tip-top condition.

I know from the firsthand experience of watching my husband go through the program that it really works. I mean, look at the picture of him above. He's over 50, and check out those chiseled abs and pecs.

Oops, sorry. That's not my husband. That's a drawing that my youngest son did of Leonidas from the movie 300, as a cover illustration for his 8th grade research paper about the Battle of Thermopylae. (It could be my husband, however; the resemblance is uncanny.)

At the age of 50, my guy began the P90X program, and sure enough, within 90 days he'd lost about 20 pounds and was in better shape than he was at 30. Several years later, he continues to do P90X workouts on a daily basis (taking Sunday, the Lord's Day, off). His weight remains stable, he has more energy and stamina than ever, his blood pressure and pulse rate are really low, and his heart is strong and healthy. When he goes in for his regular flight physicals, his doctor says, "Whatever it is you're doing, keep doing it."

As long as you own a DVD player and a television, you don't need a lot of expensive equipment to follow the P90X program: just some hand weights, resistance bands, a pull-up bar (the kind that hooks onto a standard door frame will do the trick), and a yoga mat. You can cancel that gym membership, because you can do P90X in the privacy of your own living room--the ultimate "judgment-free zone."

Go to BeachBody.com and check it out. I can almost guarantee that if you follow this regimen religiously, you'll get in the best shape of your life! (And Tony Horton is not paying me to say that!)

It just occurred to me that you may be wondering: do I do P90X with my husband? Well, um...no. To be honest, I'm a bit intimidated by the intensity of it. But I found other products at BeachBody.com that suit me better: "Turbo Jam" and "Slim in 6." I recommend those, too, especially for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment