Friday, June 3, 2011

They're Girls!

Yesterday morning my daughter-in-law, God bless her, gave birth to healthy twin daughters. (Yes, they're daughters--those foreign creatures, those soft, sweet things that are going to have their Papa and their uncles wrapped around their little fingers, I'm sure.) My son, who was a baby himself only "yestertime," is a daddy! And there are two more girls in the family--woot woot! We're gaining on the men.

My daughter-in-law was induced yesterday at about 7:00 a.m. (Central time) and had a 6 lb. 10 oz. baby girl at 10:01, followed closely by 5 lb. 9 oz. baby girl #2 at 10:03. One was 20 and 1/2 inches long and the other was 19 and 1/2. Babies in general are simply miraculous, irrefutable proof of the existence of God; but the fact that she had two of them that size living in her is almost impossible to believe. I'm dying to reveal their names, but I have been working hard to keep most personal information about my family out of this blog, so I won't; but I will tell you this: they have been given the most beautiful saints' names, names that could make you cry--perfect names for the little angels I know they're going to be! I love their names, and I can hardlly wait to see the baby girls that go with them.

My son was able to "be there" in a way, via Skype, so he has seen his wee daughters. In about a month, he will be home to spend his two weeks of deployment leave with his new little family.

Papa and Grammy are very, very happy, and relieved that mommy and babies are doing so well. Thank you to all of you who have been keeping my daughter-in-law and the twins in your prayers--I know they helped. God is good! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment