Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cutie Pie is a Genius!

Here's another one of those pictures that speaks a thousand words. And do you know what it's saying? It's saying "My granddaughter is a genius!" ("You look amazing!" "You're a beach angel!" That's from a Travelocity commercial, and the fact that I'm alluding to it here only proves that I watch way too much T.V. For those of you who put your time to better use and haven't seen this commercial yet, sorry for the obscure reference--but it really is funny!)

Anyway, this is the younger (by two minutes) and smaller (by a little over a pound) of my identical twin granddaughters. To make it easier to distinguish her from her sister without revealing her name on this blog, from now on I'm going to refer to this twin as "Cutie Pie." And her slightly older, slightly bigger sister will be "Bonny Babe."

Cutie Pie is only five weeks old here, and she's reading sheet music already! Doesn't she look like she's really trying to make sense out of all those notes? She's a prodigy! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Cutie Pie's mommy taught herself to play the accordion; that's evidence of musical genius in my book, so perhaps this little one has inherited her mother's talents. If you're thinking "Perhaps the baby is simply mesmerized by a random pattern of dots, if she can see anything at all," then I guess you just don't get it. Because my granddaughter is a genius.

I must go get ready for Mass. Have a blessed and holy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment