Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mythological Muscleman

This is a picture of Tony Horton, the creator of the popular P90X work-out regimen on DVD; here, he's demonstrating a side lunge, I believe. Look at that muscle definition! It's obvious that Tony keeps those muscles of his completely confused, which (if you know anything at all about P90X) explains why he's so ripped.

Okay, this is really a drawing of a minotaur, deftly sketched in pencil by my #4 son when he was in high school. He drew this creature from Greek mythology--a creature with the head of a bull and the body of a man (in this case, a man built like Tony Horton)--in several macho-looking poses. I thought these drawings showed true artistic genius, especially because he wasn't copying anything; these mythological musclemen just sprang from his very creative brain and came to life on paper. I saved all of my son's minotaur sketches, and I have almost enough of them to put on a "Minotaur Week" (like I did with those T-Rex drawings back in June)!

I don't have much to say today, except this: isn't my son talented? I thought I'd just post this glorious piece of artwork for your viewing pleasure. You're welcome!

(P.S. For more on P90X, along with another fine pencil drawing which I posted simply because I wanted an excuse to brag shamelessly about the artistic talent of one of my sons, you can check out my May 21 post, "A Plug for P90X.")

No comments:

Post a Comment