Sunday, October 9, 2011

Life is Good Today

Today as I sat waiting for Mass to start, I kept thinking about how inordinately blessed I am to be living the life I'm living. I don't have much of a "bucket list": from the time I was a little girl, I just wanted more than anything else to be a wife and a mother, and then--God willing--to live long enough to be a grandmother, too. At fifty-three, all my dreams have been fulfilled; I couldn't ask for anyting more. My cup overflows! I adore my husband and my sons, I have a sweet daughter-in-law who feels like a true daughter to me, and I have two of the most beautiful baby granddaughters that have ever graced the planet. (You may think that's a bit of hyperbole; but if so, it's because you've never seen these particular babies!)

I already posted this picture of Our Lord watching over members of the different branches of our military in a previous blog post, but I wanted to post it again, because it is so beautiful that it brings a lump to my throat--and it reminds me to say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! A million times, THANK YOU! God in His infinite mercy watched over my oldest son while he was on his year-long deployment in Afghanistan, so that he could return safely home to his family last week. It is because of God's loving protection that my granddaughters will get to know the extraordinary man who is their father. It is because of the goodness of God that I was able to experience a moment of pure happiness that looks like this:
In the words of one of those songs from the Zac Brown Band (a new Pearl family favorite), "Life is good today."

No comments:

Post a Comment