Monday, February 20, 2012

Be Not Afraid

This will have to be a quickie tonight. I'm all tuckered out after another great day with my little darlings, my twin granddaugthers Bonny and Kewpie. Grammy is having a wonderful time at their house, lending a hand when I can so that their mom and dad can get all settled into their new digs. But by 8:00 or 9:00 every night, I'm ready to hit the sack! I never go to bed this early at home (at least not intentionally; I mean, I do often nod off on the couch when I'm watching T.V. with my husband...but I like to think of myself as a night owl nonetheless).

Anyway--

Yesterday, I attended Sunday Mass with my son, his wife, and their two baby girls at a Catholic church near his current Army post. This is a statue located in the foyer of the church: it depicts Our Lord, with a look of great love and compassion on His face, hugging a weary American soldier. I wanted to post something patriotic today, since it's Presidents' Day, and I decided that this photo fit the bill to a T. It's a comforting reminder that when our men and women in uniform are in harm's way, Jesus is always there with them, watching over them and ready to answer all their prayers. It makes me think of that hymn that goes, "Be not afraid, I go before you always..."Isn't this a beautiful statue? I just love it, and I wanted to share it with you.

God bless our troops, and God bless the U.S.A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment