Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Love...

Once again, I'm iBlogging from my iPhone, because I can't seem to get the internet up and running on my laptop. What I'm doing here is totally lifting a cool idea from one of my favorite bloggers, Ree Drummond (of "Pioneer Woman" fame). She did a post recently titled "I Love," where she made a list, in random order, of her favorite people and things. It got me thinking about everything I love, and I decided to make my own list. Sue me--I'm a big time copycat. Oh no, do you think Ree Drummond might sue me? I mean, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery and all that jazz?

Anyway, here goes. These are not necessarily in order, mind you, but I love...


My boyfriend/Snooks/hero--that is, my husband
My five sons (all equally favorites)
My sweet daughter-in-law (the very daughter I would have chosen for myself)
My twin granddaughters (two wee angels!)
My Catholic Faith
Beautiful, ornate churches
Our Blessed Mother
The Rosary
Statues of the saints
My sibs
My husband's sibs
My parents
My husband's late parents
St. Therese the Little Flower
St. Joseph
Coffee
Chocolate
Sitting by a roaring fire, while it snows outside
Curling up with a good book
Gone with the Wind
To Kill a Mockingbird
Pride and Prejudice
Wuthering Heights
Movie nights with my husband/family
"Groundhog Day"
"Elf"
"It's a Wonderful Life"
"A Christmas Story"
"Christmas Vacation"
"Tommy Boy"
"Dumb and Dumber"
Blogging
Clogs
Sweater twin-sets
My twin granddaughters (did I say that already?)
Pizza
Peanut butter
Christmas
Nativity sets
Christmas trees
Santa
Christmas stockings
Easter
Easter baskets
Balsamic vinegar dressing
Bacon and eggs
Cinnamon coffee cake
Doughnuts (Dunkin', that is)
Cafe au lait, en France
Boston Red Sox
New England Patriots
Notre Dame
Notre Dame football
The grotto at Notre Dame
Football tailgaters
Ballet flats
Tights
Skirts
Pearl necklaces and earrings
My Miraculous Medal
The 10 Commandments
50's fashions
Anything old, antique, or "vintage"
Soft-serve vanilla ice cream cones
Cake (with lots of buttercream frosting)
Warm chocolate chip cookies
Steak
Shrimp
Grilled chicken breasts
Baked potatoes
Sea salt
Butter
Bailey's Irish Cream
Irish humor
Having my whole family together (tough to achieve these days!)
Laughing 'til I cry
Comedian Jim Gaffigan
Comedian Brian Regan
Flying business class (but not flying)
Turbo Jam work-outs
Family weddings (and receptions)
Country music
Michael Buble
Zac Brown Band
Phil Vassar
The Cars (80's music at its finest)
Pro-life politicians (that rarest of breeds)
Sheath dresses
Cardigans
Trench coats
Jackets and coats of all kinds
Baking
Sewing
Taking photos
Dolls
Scrapbooks
Photo albums
Baby books
Babies
Rowdy, rambunctious little boys
T.V. that makes you laugh
"Arrested Development" (eminently quotable!)
"Psych"
"Chuck"
"Seinfeld" re-runs
Downhill skiing
Whiteface Mt.
Lake Champlain
Lacrosse
Chips and salsa
Cilantro
Basil
Babies (guess I already said that)
My sons' dry humor
The gap between my husband's front teeth
My husband's dreamy blue eyes
The fact that my boys are groaning because of that last one
Being married to my best friend
Being a mother--and now a grandmother
Garden tomatoes
Biographies
Historical fiction
Great love stories
Coffee
Chocolate

...Okay, I believe I have begun to repeat myself; I' d better end here. I could go on and on...and on. Oh, sorry: I already did that. Well, how about you? What do you love?

1 comment:

  1. Wow... love it! I agree with so many of these! And I am very happy you said your sibs!!

    ReplyDelete