Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Move Over, Gerber Baby

Back at Christmastime, when all the relatives got an eyeful of my now eight-and-a-half-month-old identical twin granddaughters for the first time, many of them made the comment, "They look like Gerber babies!" It's true. Like that iconic image on all those baby food labels (the famous drawing of that adorable, wide-eyed baby, created way back in 1928), my granddaughters have big, blue eyes with long, dark lashes. They have round, rosy cheeks, button noses, and the most perfectly-shaped little Cupid's bow lips. But here's the one difference between the Gerber baby and the Pearl babies: the Pearl babies are infinitely more beautiful! (Said Grammy objectively, as a completely unbiased and innocent bystander. Hey, I just calls 'em as I see 'em.) Well, if I'm being honest, there's one more difference: the Gerber baby has more hair than my little darlings. They are still a tad on the bald side--but otherwise, in a cuteness contest with the Gerber baby, they would win hands down.

It's late, so I'm going to keep this brief tonight. Here in AL, where we're on Central time, it's about 9:15 p.m. I used to think that was much too early to turn in for the night; but I've decided that when you live in a household with twin babies, you get so tired by the end of the day that 9:15 is actually way past your bedtime!

I'll just wrap this post up with a close-up of one of my precious little girls, as proof of my above claims. This photo, taken this morning, happens to be of Bonny Babe, the "older" twin. (It's a bit blurry, because she was happily bopping up and down in her walker chair.)

Isn't she something else? Shouldn't this face be on baby food jars? Move over Gerber baby: there's a new kid in town! (Make that kids. New kids. Two of them.)

Hush hush, now; it's sleepy time. Good night!

1 comment: