Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wise Words from WTP

I believe that Winnie the Pooh, A. A. Milne's lovable "Bear of Very Little Brain," is one of the wisest philosophers of all time. I ran across some quotes from good old Pooh Bear recently, and in light of how I've been feeling the past few days, they were right on target.

You see, I'm sad because on Saturday I had to say goodbye to my two little peanuts, after having the privilege of spending three whole weeks in their company.

I miss my sweet Bonny Babe:

I miss my impish little Kewpie:

Look at them: they're feeding themselves solid food already! (If baby rice rusks can be considered actual food...) In the three weeks I spent with them, they seemed to be growing and changing before my eyes! What next? Walking? Talking? Leaving for college? And because of the distance between us, with every goodbye I'm aware that the next time I see them, they'll be different--and they may not remember me.

But how lucky I am to have these two granddaughters! To quote Winnie the Pooh: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

He's a wise old soul, our Pooh. He also said this, which perfectly describes what's in my full-to-bursting heart when I look at these pictures of the girls: "Some people care too much. I think it's called love."

No comments:

Post a Comment