Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Wearing o' the Green

In honor of the feast of St. Patrick, the beloved Patron Saint of the old Emerald Isle, I thought I'd post a wee bit o' Irish humor (and I'm not just talking about this photo of Himself--that is, my husband--unabashedly sporting a loud, very green and very shamrocky ensemble to the airport this morning when we dropped off our youngest boy).

Okay, here goes:

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we may know them by their limping.

And on a more serious note, here's an old Irish blessing:

May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish* enfold you. May the blessings of St. Patrick behold you.

(* And when I say "the Irish" here, I'm not talking about the ND Irish men's basketball team, who really put the "mad" in March Madness--if you happen to be a fan of theirs, anyway.)

Saying goodbye to our baby, after having him back with us for a whole week, was a sad way to kick off St. Patrick's Day; but if I feel like crying into my green beer later on tonight, I'll just think of my hubby, whose wearing o' the green was a big hit at the airport this morning. I tell you, thumbs were going up all over the place!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment