Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cowboy at a Lacrosse Game

Yesterday, we flew from AL to VA for a short visit with sons #3 and #4. Last night, the boys took us to a lacrosse game. This was big-time college lacrosse: #1 ranked UVA against #7 ranked Duke. The home team didn't do so well and lost 13-5 to the Blue Devils--but it was a lot of fun anyway.

Afterwards, we had dinner at a Hibachi restaurant, which might be my #1 ranked dining out experience: it's great food (love that fried rice and yum yum sauce!), entertainment (watching the talented and amusing cook make the food--especially that volcanic onion--is almost as good as eating it), and sports (trying to catch those shrimp and chicken bites that he tosses at you with an open mouth, the competition grows fierce!) all wrapped up into one. We had a great time.

There was a gal seated at our table, facing our group from the other side of the enormous griddle (or as I like to think of it, the stage), who sat there the whole time utterly bored-looking and stone-faced, and we just didn't get her. How can you eat out at a Hibachi restaurant and not smile from ear to ear through the whole dinner? I submit that you cannot.
Anyway, I thought I'd post a photo from last night's game. I think of it as a rather artsy shot. That's my husband, the Suburban Cowboy (with son #4 to his right), intently watching the action out on the field. I call it "Cowboy at a Lacrosse Game."

It's so wonderful getting to spend time with our VA boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment