Sunday, April 22, 2012

One of Those "Most Beautiful Sights"

I'm sharing a photo with you, one I snapped yesterday when we were strolling around the glorious Notre Dame campus on a picture-perfect spring day. I've seen this statue of the Sacred Heart many, many times in previous visits to Our Lady's university; but I've never seen it at this particular time of year, with tulips in full bloom surrounding it. What a beautiful sight!

The problem with me is that I see way too many things that prompt me to have that "This is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen" reaction. I mean, every beautiful sight can't be the most beautiful--that doesn't even make sense. But when I saw those vibrant red tulips at the foot of this beloved, iconic statue yesterday, I definitely pulled a Rudy's dad-walking-into-the-football-stadium. I was in awe. The picture doesn't really do it justice (the clarity is a bit sub-par--I think I was too eager and took it before the focus was right); but hopefully you can get an idea of how lovely it is. It inspires me to work on my non-existent gardening skills, so I can honor the little garden statue of Our Lady of Grace that we have at home by surrounding Her with flowers.

Well, today is another busy day for us, so--lucky you--I'm not going to ramble on and on. I'm just wishing you a happy and holy Sunday! This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment