Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's a Dog's Life!


Well, it's Sunday--the Lord's Day, which is supposed to be a day of rest.  My middle son's dog--my beloved girl, Allie--appears to have gotten the memo.  Relax, Allie.  Really, don't exert yourself.  Can we get you some game day snacks or something?  A bowl of bacon, perhaps?  (With a little cheese and gravy on top, you say?)

I appear to have embarked on a life of crime, because this is the second day in a row that I've stolen pictures from my loved ones to post on this blog.  Yesterday, I stole a cute pic of one of my granddaughters walking along the beach with her daddy from my daughter-in-law's blog; today, I'm stealing this priceless shot of son #3's semi-human doggie from his facebook pages.  I'm sorry for these blatant acts of thievery, kids; but your pictures are so awesome that I feel a need to share them here, too.

Doesn't Allie have the right idea about Sundays, though?  Is there a more relaxing Sunday routine than kicking back on the couch to watch a football game on T.V. (with a beer in your hand--a diet cola if you're me--and a table filled with nachos and salsa and other not-good-for-you-but-oh-so-delicious munchies right in front of you)?  As comedian Brian Regan would say, "I submit that there is not."

Well, it's not football season right now.  But on this sunny, glorious Sunday in May, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish laxers are playing a quarterfinal game in the NCAA lacrosse play-offs against UVA, vying for a spot in the semifinals next weekend.  So...can you guess what we're going to be doing today?  That's right, we're going to be livin' the dog's life, like our friend Allie up there.  Our second oldest son is driving up to join my husband, our youngest son, and me, and the four of us are going to be doing the couch potato routine like nobody's business, hoping for an Irish win.

WE-ARE-N-D!  Go Irish!

(Hey, middle child of mine: I have a great idea.  Why don't you pose Allie with a basketball, a baseball, and a lacrosse stick, so that she can be an "Allie for All Seasons."  Just a thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment