Monday, August 20, 2012

"Crazy Creatures Week," Day One

As promised in yesterday's post, today is the first day of "Crazy Creatures Week"!   As I said, my #4 son has quite a lot of artistic talent, and during his youth, he employed much of his creative energy drawing strange--you might say strangely magnificent--creatures that look like some kind of cross between dinosaurs, animals, aliens, and monsters.

Here is one that I think is very interesting.
Most of my son's crazy creatures have very defined musculature--they're very jacked, as the kids these days say.  This one is no exception.  It also has bat's wings, a dinosaur's head (with a very oddly-shaped bony protrusion on it), and a dog-like body, but with hoofed feet.

I have no explanation for this.  I don't believe I've ever seen anything else like it.

All I know is that it is extremely well-drawn--incredibly detailed, with expert shading--and  it showcases an unusual talent.  All you had to do was give this boy a piece of paper and a sharpened pencil, and you never knew what you were going to get.

Are you sufficiently intrigued?  I hope so!  Stay tuned for another episode of "Crazy Creatures Week," coming tomorrow to a computer near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment