Monday, December 17, 2012

It is a truth universally acknowledged...

...that a little boy who has a camera pointed at him must make a silly face.  (Did I have you going there for a second?  Did you think I was going to quote the opening line from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice?)

As evidence of this truth, here is a snapshot of my gang from Christmas 1992.
I'm so proud.

Now here's the shot I got when I no doubt begged them, "C'mon, guys!  Please just smile and look normal for me, would ya?"
Ah, that's better--much, much better!  Look at those angelic faces.

In less than a month's time, these four little wise guys were joined by a new baby brother. All I can say as far as that goes is that it is a truth universally acknowledged that having five boys is even better than having four. (Well, maybe this truth is not acknowledged universally, if all the "You poor thing!" comments were any indication; but it is acknowledged by this particular mom, who has thoroughly cherished her God-given role as the mother of all male children.)

Little boys keep you on your toes.  They make you laugh at times and want to pull your hair out at others--when you're surrounded by them you're never bored, that's for sure.  They're as fun as a barrel of monkeys, and that's the truth.

1 comment: