Monday, February 18, 2013

Pointless, Incessant Blogging?

I woke up today wondering what in the world to blog about that I haven't blogged about fifty million times already.  Okay, I've only written 662 posts so far in the almost two years I've been working here at "String of Pearls," so that's a slight exaggeration.  Hey!   [Light bulb moment!]  Maybe I should blog about that: about my tendency to use a massive amount of hyperbole when I talk.  That would be interesting, right?  No?  Hmmm...what to write about, what to write about...

Here's an idea: I could tell you again why I decided to give this blog a title that, when you Google it, takes you to jewelry shopping sites more often than not.  That would be a fun topic to revisit, right?  It would?  Well, here's a link for you, in case you'd like to go way, way back in the archives and check out an early blog post that gives the blessedly short explanation for my title choice. (Over time, I have become decidedly more long-winded. Perhaps I should return to writing the sort of short-and-sweet posts I favored when I was a newbie.)

I actually told my husband I thought I might just skip the whole blogging rigamarole today, and he looked at me wide-eyed and cried something along the lines of, "What?!  Nooooooo! What are you trying to do--kill me?"  (Hyperbolicity is a tendency we both struggle with. That's not a word yet, but it should be.)

Seriously, though, I feel like I've got nothing this morning.  However, I had to come up with something, even just a few words, so that my husband (who is definitely my most loyal reader) won't have to struggle through his day feeling like he has a big hole inside that only my blog can fill.

So I went on-line for inspiration.  And I found these cartoons about blogging.
Funny, right?  And most jokes are funny because there's a little bit of truth in them!

For now, though (and I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing), I have no plans to hang up my laptop.  Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. I am happy you didn't skip it! Your blog is a big part of my day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those cartoons funny, though? The first one especially.

      Delete
  2. Laur, you have got to keep blogging. I absolutely love and look forward to your next installment. I don't how I would start my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of followers...but the ones I have are very loyal! :)

      Delete