Saturday, May 25, 2013

{simple saturday}: Bathing Beauty

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a new blog link-up I thought I'd try on for size.

So...I'm joining Iris, whose motto "Live Simply" inspired this link-up--which is nothing short of inspired, I tell you.  As Iris says, {simple saturday} posts can be "short."  They should include "simple words, clear speech."  Maybe a picture or two

Nothing fancy, folks.  It's just simplicity all the way here at String of Pearls today, and over at Country Girl's Daybook, too.

Well, it's about that time again: summertime; which means that I must finally start shedding some of the comforting clothing layers I've been hiding under throughout the cold months because...[shudder] bathing suit weather is almost upon us.

And the last time I looked really cute in swimsuit (in my very objective opinion) was circa 1961.  Not to toot my own horn or anything--but at the tender age of three, I think I looked like a little bathing beauty. (Here's the proof.)
Now?  Not so much.

And that is all!

Now head on over to Iris's blog to see what others have posted--you simply must!  (I'm not going to say, "Did you see what I did there?"--because I know you're not a simpleton.)

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Laura! And you did it JUST RIGHT! And you are adorable. And your blog is adorable - I look forward to reading more! Thanks for linking up and Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog, too! I am amazed by the number of wonderful young writers (like you) I've come across lately. I used to read a lot of books...and now, it seems I'm reading mostly blogs. They are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete