Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Theme Thursday: Play

I know, I know: it's Tuesday, not Thursday.  I'm five days late, and in two days, it'll be time for another Theme Thursday.  But I've been traveling so much lately that I hardly know what day it is anymore anyway.  And I love this link-up with Cari over at Clan Donaldson--and I missed it last week because I was busy packing for a Friday flight to VA, to attend a birthday party for one of my sons...and then I was out of Internet service (NooooOOOOO!!!! A blogger's worst nightmare!) for the whole weekend...and then I spent all day Sunday either in airports or in the air getting back home...and then Monday, I was on the road again by car, traveling to Upstate NY to visit my folks...Well, I won't bore you with the details of my nomadic life these days.  (Did I just hear someone say "Too late!"?)

ANYWAY...here I am, finally, with the world's greatest pictures to go along with the theme PLAY.

I'm guessing most of the linkers' photographs will probably involve little tykes playing, but my brood is all grown up now.  However, even though my sons currently range in age from 20 to 29, they remain quite young at heart.  Here is a photo of son #3 about a year ago (at 26), with a dear cousin (a childhood playmate born the same year he was), playing with some dolphin buddies at Sea World out in San Diego.  Having the opportunity to get in the pool and play with the dolphins doesn't come cheap; and these shots were professionally taken, I believe, so I'm sure they weren't overpriced at all. But these two cousins just had a ball and felt the experience was well worth it, no matter what the cost.

Aren't these the greatest pictures ever?  I think I just won this week's Theme Thursday! BOOM!

(Wait, it's not a competition?  Sorry for getting carried away there...but I raised five sons, you see, and in our house, every backyard Wiffle Ball game was played as if the World Series pennant was riding on it.)

For more playful pictures, head on over to Clan Donaldson!

1 comment:

  1. Wow..those pictures are awesome..what an experience!

    ReplyDelete