Sunday, August 4, 2013

{simple saturday}: It's a tough life!

I'm a day late with this post, but I'm linking up with Iris for another {simple saturday} installment.

You see, I was too busy being not-busy yesterday, lounging around by the lakeside with my hubby at his family's childhood home, to get to my computer and blog.  We decided to take a somewhat spur-of-the-moment trip to Upstate NY with our youngest son, since he'd missed the big reunions that had been held there on both sides of the family tree this summer (because he was either en France or jumping out of airplanes), and this would have been the first summer of his life without even one trip up there.  Our son called two of his cousins, a boy who is four days older than he and a girl who is two days younger (they are the first set of "triplets" to be born in the Pearl family, the second set being a legitimate one), to see if either or both of them would like to join him for one last hurrah at the Pearl compound before they all have to head back to college for their junior year. The girl cousin was not able to come from CT; but the boy cousin was available and up for it, and he brought his younger brother along.  Those two boys drove 11 hours north from their home in VA to be with our son for two days, and they're driving 11 hours back home tomorrow.  I hope our boy realizes that cousins like that don't grow on trees and that he is--to put it simply--very blessed.

So yesterday, my day looked a lot like this:
And like this:
It's a tough life, but somebody's got to live it!

Have a happy and holy Sunday--and if you haven't done so yet, why don't you head on over to Iris'?  'Kay?

7 comments:

  1. That looks like heaven. :) What lake is that? It's beeeeeautiful. (but then I'm biased)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I'm always trying to keep everything so secret and anonymous on this blog. It's beautiful Lake Champlain. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Saturday morning looked like that too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came over to see the awesomeness of the Great Wall of Cliff Haven!

      Delete
    2. Me too ... it is awesome!

      Delete