Monday, September 1, 2014

Let Me Know What You Think!

My publisher recently came up with an interesting idea for this blog: an online book club to discuss Finding Grace (and also to hopefully drum up a little interest in my second YA novel for Bezalel Books, Erin's Ring, which will be coming out in the spring of 2015).  We could offer a deep discount on the Kindle version of the book for a couple of weeks in September, and then I could have a once-a-week discussion on the blog starting in early 2015.  You know, I could write a few sentences about the writing process, share a few tidbits about how I came up with this or that storyline, or give readers a few questions to ponder, and then there could be a discussion via the combox.  I would also be more than willing to answer any questions posed by readers.

I was trying to decide what day of the week to hold the club, and what to call it.  Then I remembered this well known childhood verse:
Tuesday's child is full of...grace!!!

Tuesday's blog posts could be full of Grace Kelly, the heroine of Finding Grace!  And I could call this Tuesday book club "Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace."  (Or my husband suggested shortening it to just "Tuesday's Child.")

What do you think?  Is this something that anyone would be interested in?  Do you think the name "Tuesday's Child Book Club" works, or do you have any other suggestions?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

11 comments:

  1. That sounds fun! I like the shorter version of the book club name (remember, you'll want to keep this Twitter-friendly!)
    And I never noticed before, but it's pretty freaky how much that illustration of Mother Goose resembles the Wicked Witch of the West! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. I think you (and my husband) are right--the shorter name would be better.

      Also, you're right about that Mother Goose Illustration! (What were they trying to do, terrify the children?) I didn't really notice it, because I was just looking for the rhyme. I should have chosen something a little less nightmare-inducing!

      Delete
  2. I will definitely point people over here from my blog if you go ahead with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea! Agree with Barb, shorter name so we can hashtag it! #tuesdayschild :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best. And I agree, the shorter name would be better. I'm still new to the hashtag bit, so I didn't think of that at first. (And my husband isn't even on Twitter, but he thought of it!)

      Delete
  4. Hi Laura! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer my quick question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete