Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Grace-filled Tuesdays (Book Club "Meeting" #8): The On-Air Version

We haven't had one of these "meetings" since way back on June 16--it's been such a busy summer!  Sorry about the long absence.

After I had my phone-in radio interview with Ken Huck at Radio Maria last Thursday, I thought to myself, "That was a bit like a book club meeting.  Too bad my Grace-filled Tuesdays Book Club members weren't there to participate." (All two of you, that is. Or three?  Maybe four?)  Because as shy as I am sitting in a group, telling a story face-to-face (rushing through, usually, because I think I'll bore people to death), I seem to be surprisingly comfortable talking on the radio.  In spite of the pre-interview jitters, once Ken and I got going I felt like I was having a one-on-one conversation with a friend.

So instead of going on and on in writing here, I thought I'd just post a link to the interview.  It might answer some questions you have about Erin's Ring--about what inspired the story, the writing process, the target audience for the book, etc.  If you'd like to listen, I was Ken's second guest that day on his "Meet the Author" program (his first was well-known writer Matt Kelly, so--gulp!--I had quite a tough act to follow), and my part of the show starts at about the 28:55-minute mark.

Here's the link, if you're interested: http://radiomaria.us/august-13-2015-matthew-kelly-and-laura-pearl/

If you have any questions for me, about either Erin's Ring or Finding Grace, leave me a comment, and we'll discuss them at a future "meeting."

No comments:

Post a Comment